Thursday, July 16, 2009

Loose Ends

About 9 months ago, I put up these Ikea curtains. I still have to hem them.

Raw edges

If I clear the fabric off this table, I might not use up this fabric!

Inspiration! Not Mess!

These are the parts of a tote I made for a gift. I gave it to the recipient before I photographed the finished tote! I have to stop doing that. The tote looked really cute. I've noticed that I so adore floral prints that I almost don't even realize they are florals. Same thing with pink. To me, pink and red are neutrals.

Parts of a tote

More floral pillowcases I made for our bedroom. They are so lovely. I think I need to make a whole quilt to match them. Fabrics are Kaffe Fassett and I got them at Hancocks of Paducah.

Pillowcases

Acrylic crochet scrubbers and a ballband knit dishtowel. I hoped the knit towel would work with my new Swiffer. I don't care for the scent on the wet wipes for the Swiffer. Also... Swiffers are overrated.

Kitchen scrubbers

Later I will share with you my most egregious unfinished object. It's been stuffed under the bed for 10 long years.

3 comments:

Andi said...

Beautiful pics.
That aqua and red/pink fabric you used in your tote is one of my absolute favourites.
Andi :-)

Little Ivy Garden said...

where can I get the pattern for the scrubbers and ball band knit towel? I have never seen those before.
Thanks,
JoAnn

IamSusie said...

Little Ivy Garden- I should know by now that crafty blog readers always want to know where to find the patterns for things they see! The dishtowel is the Ballband pattern:
http://www.canadianliving.com/crafts/knitting/knit_a_ballband_dishcloth.php

The Scrubbie is from a Japanese booklet I own. I blogged about those books here: http://iamsusie.blogspot.com/2007/08/magic-scrubbers.html

I'm pretty sure the flower pattern is in ISBN 9784834762945. I can't copy the pattern for you because I like to respect copyright.