Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowtorious 2011, SNOMG, Snopocalypse

It was a blizzard alright! Just a little bit south of us toward downtown Chicago, they even got thundersnow. I think instead of that, judging by the photos I'm seeing online, we got a couple extra inches of the fluffy stuff. School is cancelled for the next couple of days and everyone is out shoveling and plowing.


That's the snow drift blocking the second story window in my foyer. Here are my neighbors across the street plowing it all away with their monster snow blowers. On my side of the street we have good old fashioned shovels. You can see the snow at the street covers the mailboxes.

They came over later in the morning and plowed us out, so I'll be baking cookies for them this afternoon. The kids are having a blast!



6 comments:

Rachael @ CleverCheshireCats said...

Wow! I thought our Winter was crazy but I can't imagine snow piling up against the window. Rachael Xx

Jenny said...

That is INSANE! My sister-in-law, who lives near you in Lake Villa, said officials were telling people to stay home, even if they're able to get out of the driveway. She also told us about the mess on Lakeshore Dr. last night. You guys stay safe and warm!

MomWaldsPlace said...

Hey there Neighbor! Up here in rural southern Wisconsin I get the kiddos tomorrow too. When we were younger we would get snow like this, just not all at once! Sounds like you have a good plan for staying safe and warm. It's a good time to crochet and sew ;)

Rebekah said...

SNOMG is right! That is some crazy weather. I wish you could share some of it. Is snowed in October and a little in December and now all we get is cold weather without snow kind of not fair.

Paula said...

At least the children seem to be having fun, I know my son Alex would love some of that snow. Hope you're keeping safe and warm.

Anonymous said...

هناك العديد من أنواع عمليات تجميل الوجه، ولكل منها نطاق أسعارها الخاص. عملية تجميل الأنف، أو جراحة الأنف، هي واحدة من أكثر أنواع الجراحة التجميلية للوجه شيوعًا ويمكن أن تكلف في أي مكان من 1000 دولار إلى 3000 دولار. تكبير الثدي هو نوع آخر شائع من الجراحة التجميلية للوجه، وعادة ما يكلف حوالي 3500 دولار. عملية شد البطن هي نوع آخر شائع من الجراحة التجميلية للوجه والتي تكلف عادة حوالي 2500 دولار. شد جلد الوجه هو نوع أقل شيوعًا ولكنه لا يزال شائعًا من الجراحة التجميلية للوجه والتي يمكن أن تكلف في أي مكان من 2000 دولار إلى 4000 دولار.