Saturday, April 26, 2008

Quilt Top Finished!

Quilt Top

I love and adore this one! The pattern was incredibly easy, but I think it looks fantastic. Most of the fabrics are Tina Givens' Zazu for Free Spirit.

Here is the whole layout. I took a very blurry picture...
P1010673

I left it on the bed yesterday and when my husband came home and saw it all laid out he said he hoped this was our new bed quilt because it looks so fresh and cheerful in our room. Unfortunately, it's not big enough, but we can use it as a topper for awhile. I think the angular cuts down play the florals. My dear husband says he is comfortable enough with his manhood to enjoy pink and blue florals here and there in the house.

Have y'all been to the movies lately? Today we took the kids to see "The Forbidden Kingdom" with Jackie Chan and Jet Li. It was great fun. I do like martial arts movies and I think they do not qualify as typical action movies. This one lacked the poetic beauty of Hero or Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, but it was fun for all of us.

I also saw "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" one day this week when my kids were in school. I thought it was very funny. The other 4 people in the theater on a weekday morning and I were laughing quite a lot.

Last night we got to the DVD of "Atonement" that has been waiting for us for awhile. I had low expectations even though it was nominated for an Oscar. My husband and I both liked it and we didn't think it was nearly as darkly themed as "No Country for Old Men" or "There Will Be Blood". Once upon a time hubby and I saw about four movies a week in the theater.. sadly those days are over and we have to wait until the films come out on DVD and we can shoo our kids upstairs to watch them.

Oh yeah and how about tax scofflaw Wesley Snipes? What an idiot. Nobody likes paying taxes, but we all have to pay, unless we've established some sort of unconventional, off-the-grid, barter-for-services lifestyle.

2 comments:

Rebel said...

Oooh! It does look very bright & fresh, very prety for springtime.

nasty_wench, AKA sharon-lizette said...

I love the bubble-gum happiness of your quilt. I wish I had the ability to make beautiful quilts.

Just b-u-tiful!