Monday, October 20, 2008

A Sailor's Grave!

This is my latest Tea Towel Tour embroidery. Sewphie asked for a nautical/tattoo/ pinup/okay with skulls towel. Hers already had 2 pretty temptresses and a georgeous ship stitched on it, so I went with this. It was an image that kept coming up when I was searching for vintage tattoo images. Every time it came up I laughed. Her towel is already a bit racy and this is really a teetotaler's dire warning, isn't it?
A Sailor's Grave!
It's an old Sailor Jerry Tattoo design. Check out THIS flickr photoset of a collection of these vintage designs. I'm hoping to stitch up a nautical pinup towel for my dad to use. So many projects!

Here is the towel so far. Only one person left! The detailed stitching by my swap partners is truly amazing. Check out our gallery HERE.
Tea Towel Nautical Theme

See the quilt underneath? That's a project for my mom that I've been working on for months. It just came back from the quilter's and all it needs is the binding and a label.