I've been wanting to replace my faded brick colored curtains for a long time now. I even bought some crummy polyester fabric to stitch some up, but I never got to it. Finally it occurred to me that it would be simple to just get something fun and funky at Ikea to use until I someday get around to something new.
Here's the pillows I sewed up from the bottoms of the curtains. This fabric is a very nice thick cotton/linen blend and the panels came with a nice cotton lining fabric, so these pillows have that lining
I also made 2 very large tote bags. One of these might be a gift if I can keep myself from using it:
Again, I used the curtain lining fabric for the lining of the totes. I might add a button closure to the front, but I need to get some large red buttons:
Lastly, here are the curtains. I still haven't hemmed them, but you can't tell in this photo. There is a matching set on an opposite window. They don't exactly distract the eye from my sewing mess on the table. I plan to change out the wooden curtain rod for a black iron one.
One of the nice things about this fabric is that it has several shades of green so it fits well with my greenish carpet. The red fruits likewise have a few shades of red to make it easier to coordinate your things.
I'm thinking these are very fresh and fun, but will also work through Christmas. I did like my dark red curtains at the Holidays...